Saturday, January 5, 2013
I have received the Kreativ Blogger Award from fellow blogger RA over at Sagittiferously Yours. When you have the chance, drop by and visit her. She writes of things that sometimes makes you laugh, sometimes cry, sometimes makes you think. Thank you RA, you rock!
The deal with this award is that the recipient must name seven things about him/herself that people might find interesting. Now interesting is relative, no? In any event, here goes. Whether you find it interesting or not, in the end it's all relative.....
1. Kids scare me. Seriously scare me. They cry, scream and ask questions. A lot. However, once they hit their teens, they become somewhat interesting because then they become cunning and manipulative and try to pull the wool over your eyes never taking into account that you've been there, done that and got away with it too. That's fun. However, the Clone never outgrew the pesky little habits of crying and screaming and asking too many questions when she hit her teens. Yeah. That was fun. She just took that shit to a whole new level. And the Beloved warned me to not screw around with her too much because otherwise he'd force me to have another one. The warning didn't sound too appealing and so I pretty much stayed out of her way.
2. I love, love, love music and love, love, love to dance. It's embarrassing really. I can be in the supermarket or department store and be singing along to the songs on the muzak and forget that I'm singing out loud. And, then, just because I'm not wrapped too tight, my booty begins to move all by itself. *sigh* Yeah.
3. If I could quit my job tomorrow and just dedicate my time to reading and writing, I'd be a very happy woman. I'd be fat and pale from lack of sunshine and exercise, but I'd be happy. Mark that two people fat and pale because that is the Beloved's dream also although he seems to have started to realize his dream 20 years ago and his nights and weekends are spent fulfilling his dream. You all know the man needs to read his 150,000 words a day or he's not happy, right? He tortured the Clone with weekend trips to the library growing up. She hated to read and so he found the answer to her problem - books and the library. She would turn colors and scream and cry but today she's a Bilingual Reading Teacher that now loves and lives in the library and bookstores. Hmmm, I always knew the Beloved was smart.
4. Don't talk to me about nonsense or any stupid thing that no one in their right mind is interested in and think that qualifies as any form of conversation. Like this person I know who continues to update me on the lives of Brangelina. Seriously? Unless you show me a picture of the Bradford naked, I'm not interested. I couldn't care less. Just make movies that are interesting to watch, that's all I care about.
5. I love to talk about the taboos that one should never talk about with others: politics and religion. Yes, it makes for some very heated conversations and I believe many may have wanted to kick my ass in the past.
6. I love to kiss and touch and hug and anything that has to do with the meeting of two bodies (keep it clean peeps, this is a PG blog). The meeting of two bodies just makes me so happy. I hug my daughter each and every time I see her. I mean, I really, really hug her. I hug my siblings each and every time I see them. Really, really hug them. They're all spoiled and especially the Beloved because he also gets a bonus round. He's the only one with that perk.
7. I cut my hair at whim. I never plan for it. I can let it grow long and then one day in the middle of lunch I decide to shear it all off. Sinead O'Connor short. Strange. I've never been that attached to my hair and know that it will inevitably grow again. I also don't blow dry it or bother too much with it. It's always wash and go. People in my office can't believe it looks so nice for a wash and go type but I believe natural hair to be a beautiful thing. And, no, I'm not talking about the underarm natural hair bit here. Gross!
Now, I'm supposed to nominate seven bloggers but I leave this up to you. If you're interested, feel free to play but please let me know that you did so I can come over and read your answers as well!
Posted by rebecca