Monday, February 17, 2014

I Walk Among You


For Trifecta: to use funk (as in slump), as stated exactly, no variation, in a response between 33-333 words.  And, for 3WW: use the following words in your piece - feral, insatiable, shred.

**********


I walk among you and yet you fail to see. For I look like you you see; I talk, smell, and smile like you. And because of this, you cannot see. Your kind, blindly trusting smiles that talk too much. You espouse evil exists but because I look like you, you fail to see. And so you trust.

But I’m not one of you. Underneath your wretched skin that suffocates, my feral self begs to be released. For this skin of yours does not suit me well and constricts my energy to do you harm.  My grin, amiable in your eyes, is the only weapon I need to blur your intuition and intelligence. You delight in my charming smile and suffer an alarming funk that boggles the mind. That is where your flaw - your end - resides, ever trusting the external, rarely questioning the internal; your species, so fatuously trusting.

Many times I’ve wanted to unleash myself unto you and shred you to pieces. But we are not insatiable rogues whose hunger cannot be restrained. We are skillful and patient, patiently waiting for the day when we, living under the guises of your useless skins, will finally be free to reveal ourselves and take over your world. Why? Because we can. Because we are superior. Because as owners of this planet for millennia your only exponential growth has been ignorance. 

We’ve adopted your rudimentary ways emulating your useless brains fertile with beliefs ungrounded. This is when I find cause, pleasure, to use your smile, because your ignorance simply baffles.

But soon you will see faces you once thought friendly peel off skins of trust and you will stand there, useless like it’s your wont, asking yourself how this could be.  Because your trust, your flawless stupidity, has made it so. Our mission here will soon end and the annihilation of your race will begin.  Because we are the superior race, a mighty army at arms ready for your Armageddon. We are simply, your God. 

9 comments:

Chyina said...

This made me think of the movie "They Live", which I loved. So I loved this too. ;)

Sheilagh Lee said...

creepy and spine tingly fear with this piece

Jae Rose said...

What a suspenseful and thoughtful piece..given that as a species we are both petulance and highly opinionated of ourselves I wonder if the Gods in this case will destroy themselves..the hallmark of a good story being that we may never be certain

oldegg said...

Yes, this is brilliant. My own thought was that viruses had developed to such an extent that they were already on the the march but now uniting and with a purpose. Poor us!

Belva Rae Staples said...

Well written story! It kept me on the edge of my seat.

kymm said...

Hmmm Sitting here feeling a bit threatened. Scary future.

theinnerzone said...

Scary but brilliant post! i love the chilling language and details - so powerful.

Trifecta said...

The unique voice of this piece makes it all the creepier. Thanks for linking up.

Light and Shade Challenge said...

This made me shiver.

I was swinging by for a reason. I've been talking to Thomas Marlowe and we are both missing the Trifecta Challenge. One thing led to another and we have decided to set up Light and Shade Challenge where there are prompts twice every week and a chance to share what inspiration strikes.

We are not trying to be the same as Trifecta. They were awesome and I miss them. We do have some really exciting ideas of our own, though and can't wait to see what happens. It would be great if you could come and join us and see where this journey takes us. Good writers are always welcome. If you have any questions then get in touch either on the Light and Shade Challenge Blog http://lightandshadechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ or on the Facebook page. It would be wonderful to hear from you. Lyssa M x